New Patients at the Chiropractic Wellness Center
We help families and individuals improve health and overall well-being.
We want you to have the best experience possible when you visit us for the 1st time. To set the right expectations, we encourage you to go through these items:
Before Your 1st Visit:
- Please fill out the Patient Intake Form
- Make sure that you bring your insurance information to your appointment
During Your 1st Visit
- Your Initial Consultation: Once the paperwork has been completed, you will have a consultation with the doctor to discuss your health-related problems, concerns, as well as potential treatment options.
- History and Examination: To find out what your underlying problems are, Dr. Mulhern will ask you a set of questions about to your symptoms and condition. Then he will perform a series of tests to exactly determine which muscles, nerves and tissues are affected and to which degree.
- Same-Day Treatment: Once Dr. Mulhern has completed the initial evaluation, you usually receive your first chiropractic treatment the same day. In many cases, this can include adjustment the extremities, neck and spine, physical therapy, and/or soft tissue treatment.
- X-rays: Your condition may require to have x-rays taken to either rule out more serious conditions and assist us in developing the most effective treatment plan for you. In this case, we encourage you to bring in recent x-rays, CT scans and MRIs or to connect with your primary care physician to get them done
- Instructions for Home: Before leaving the office, you may be given instructions on certain activities or procedures to be done at home for faster recovery. For example, this can include instruction for ice application, to stay away from certain activities or positions and even light exercises and/or stretches to gain strength and heal faster.
Schedule Your Next Appointment
- What should the time interval be until your follow-up appointment? Please ask the doctor, because he knows your history and current condition best.
- In General: patients are seen within 1-2 days and are provided with a complete review of findings.
- Maintenance appointments: To ensure that you remain on the path of better health and wellness, we encourage our patients to see us once a month at least. However, this may vary based on your individual case. Please ask the doctor for the best maintenance intervals
Helpful supporting cheat sheets on exercises & home treatments